Grimsdyke School currently holds a Gold award. Further information can be found at https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/health/healthy-schools-london/awards/get-award/schools-taking-part/grimsdyke-school
Grimsdyke School and Caterlink work together to provide a balanced varied lunch menu. This includes meat, fish, pasta, rice, vegetables and an abundance of salads and fruits.
If your child chooses to have a packed lunch we recommend the following:
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables every day.
- Meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein (e.g. lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, hummus, peanut butter and falafel) every day
- Oily fish, such as salmon, at least once every three weeks.
- A starchy food such as any type of bread, pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes or other type of cereals every day.
- Dairy food such as milk, cheese, yoghurt, fromage frais or custard everyday
- Only still water (not sparkling), fruit juice, semi-skimmed or skimmed milk, yoghurt or milk drinks and smoothies.
Packed lunches should not include:
- Chocolate or sweets. Cakes and biscuits are allowed but encourage your child to eat these only as part of a balanced meal.
- Meat products such as sausage rolls, individual pies, corned meat and sausages / chipolatas should be included only occasionally.