Friends of Grimsdyke (FOGS)
Tickets for events organised by FOGS can be purchased online through the portal
Parents need to complete the online registration form to access the portal.
Who are FOGS?
FOGS stand for ‘Friends of Grimsdyke School’, is a PTA organisation/committee that, along with the assistance of the school, raises funds for various initiatives that will benefit the students. It is a fun way of actively getting involved with the school and the children who are always happy to assist wherever and whenever they can!!
Funds are raised via various different events held throughout the year, the two main being the Christmas and Summer Fair Carnival which regularly attract good crowds. Other events include a Dad's Golf Day, Mum's and Dad's nights out (separate events), quiz nights for the whole family, cake sales (these are normally baked and brought in by the children) and various other events!
All the funds raised are utilised for the ‘extra’ things that the school require. Over the years the funds raised have provided some of the amazing facilities you see around the school including:
- Interactive whiteboards in the classrooms;
- Shelter sails which are situated in the two playgrounds;
- Table tennis activity tables on the junior playground;
- The adventure playgrounds on both the infant and junior playground;
- Various aspects of the school hall including staging and mobile seating for performances;
- Refurbishment of the school library;
- Refurbishment of studio;
- Artificial grass in Early Years outdoor area;
- School minibus
- Power on the field
- First News Subscription for all classes across the school
- Sports Kits
- Christmas Pantomime for the infant children
- Year 6 Leavers Yearbooks for each child in year 6
- Sensory room equipment
These are just some examples; there are many more that have made the children's day at school a more pleasant and enhanced experience. Without the support of the parents and teachers, none of this would be possible.
FOGS are always open to suggestions as to where the funds can be used to continue the enhancement and enjoyment of the school day for all and hope that we can count on your continued support.
New members are always welcome to join the team!
Just email us at FOGS.firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note with the office, and we will get in touch with you.
Tickets for events organised by FOGS can be purchased online through the portal: https://www.pta-events.co.uk/friendsofgrimsdyke